Wednesday, September 2, 2009

I'm going to the freak'n Olympics!!!

In 2006 right before Jason and I started going out we used to sit on my couch at 2am and watch Olympic Curling Matches on TV.

Silly? Strange even?

Quite.

However, I love Curling. And I look back at those times spent on my couch laughing incessantly with Jason as they broomed along the ice fondly. I think it is quite possibly one of the most ridiculous things I have ever seen and I can't get enough of it. If there were a Long Island Curling Club, I would totally be a part of it!

When they announced that Vancouver would host the 2010 Olympic Games I was ALL over that! I made lofty plans with my brother to fly out to visit him in Seattle and visit our neighbor's to the north for the Games!

I put in for 4 tickets to Women's Gold Medalist Curling and Women's Ice Hockey. They do this crazy lottery system and even though we didn't get any Hockey tickets we DID score Curling tickets. That's right baby! I'm going to see Gold Medalist Curling...the cream of the mother effing crop!

Meanwhile, my sister's boyfriend Chris went skiing with his roommates for spring break to Whistler and brought back a stuffed animal for my sister. Julibean doesn't care for stuffed animals but this one stole all of our hearts. His name: Quatchi. And he is one of the four Vancouver Olympic Mascots.

Since then my sister and Chris were slightly obsessed with anything and everything Quatchi, which lead to them sending me things like this:
That's right, they colored in a picture of Quatchi and sent it to me at work.
(Of course it was my desktop image for a good two months.)

Back from my tangent...I am going to the mothereffing Olympics!!!

While I was in Virginia with Jason we booked our flight to Seattle and after a long winded conversation with a JetBlue representative we decided to opt for the non-refundable ticket. This is why:

The refundable round trip ticket from JFK to SeaTac would have been like $2k. WTF?! Especially when compared to the non-refundable round trip ticket on the same plane for only $700. This was a no brainer. I am definitely going to the Olympics, no iff ands or buts...Jason is still unsure as to where he will be, who he'll be working for, etc. so we needed a little insurance that the ticket could be canceled or transferred to someone else.

But even with the $200 charge to cancel and/or change the ticket to someone else's name it's still over $1,000 cheaper. Way ridiculous in my opinion.

YAY! A thousand times YAY! The Olympics!!!

(Photo credit: uksport.gov.uk)

0 comments:

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com