Saturday, September 19, 2009

I really am, I swear!

I am totally an up-statey. Honestly.

Although I grew up on Long Island and enjoy being so close to the City it's just not my favorite. It takes forever to get off the Island, the people here are stereotypically "Long Island" and when people meet me they always assume I'm from upstate anyway so why can't I just move back there?!? *le sigh*

Anyway, I still get chances to go back up to Albany from time to time especially with Laura planning her wedding and having me do all her stationary/paper crafts. So that's where I was this weekend. We made an appointment to pick up our bridesmaid dresses from Angela's and tried them on to make sure there were no missing things or torn seams.

Originally when we ordered them back in March everyone was like "Why did you order so early if the wedding isn't until next July?!" Well my friends, the cornflower blue color that Laura fell in love with has actually been recently discontinued so HA! we pounced and it paid off.

I think they look quite lovely!

Mine needs a slight adjustment in the strap, a new hem, and the neckline needs to be tacked down better so I don't fall out, but other than that it fits well. Since the wedding isn't for another 10 months I'm hoping that when I come back to the dress in May to have it altered I'll be able to take it in at the waist a little as well.

Laura's sister Ursula (on the left) needs a lot of work done to her dress. She's recently lost a lot of weight and the dress was just swimming on her. They estimated almost $130 worth of alterations (which is basically the cost of the dress), so there's a possibility that Urs might just order a new dress in a different size and color which is workable since she's the Maid of Honor.

I'm so excited now for weddings! I can't wait!

(Note to self: must finish J&A's toast.)

0 comments:

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com