Sunday, August 30, 2009

We're Going to the Zoo Zoo Zoo...

I love the Zoo.

There's just something about it that is fantastic. I love learning about different animals and seeing creatures I'd never see otherwise.

Julibean really wanted to go to the Zoo on Saturday when everybody was in town for her birthday extravaganza. However, since [here I am rock me like a] Hurricane Dan was in town, Saturday was a rainy mess.

Instead we wound up at Dave & Busters and partied hard Saturday and then ventured to the Zoo on Sunday. Mostly everyone else except for le boyfriend Chris and fiercer than fierce Cynthia. Seriously-> She's super ultra fierce.

With my parents in tow (you know because my dad finally had a reason to use his snazzy new toy) we braved the humid August weather and enjoyed a day hiking around the Bronx Zoo.

I'm sad that we didn't get a chance to do the Children's Zoo but it was the weekend and there were a massive amount of children running around so it was probably better that we didn't. We did catch the awesome sea lion feeding and then ventured over to see the penguin feeding. I have to admit that after watching the sea lions do tricks during feedings the penguin feeding where they literally just drop the fish in their mouth as they swim around their feet was slightly anticlimatic.

"Do you think they'll do a kickline?!" was Cynthia's hopes for the penguins, but alas, no, they just honked and swam and that was that.

My favorite part of the Zoo (other than the Children's Zoo) is the Bengali Express. Seriously, I love that stupid tram ride. We saw the new baby rino and elephants and always right at the end is one of the red pandas.

Red pandas are by far superior to any other animal when it comes to cute factor. Honestly, I mean it. They are just so cute and fuzzy and cuddly looking, though I know they could probably tear my face off there's just something about them!

Look at 'im! Just LOOK AT HIM!

Adorableness at it's best! <3

If I could have any exotic animal as a pet, a red panda would be at the top of the list. And then I would buy Jason penguins, two...so they wouldn't get lonely.

0 comments:

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com