Friday, September 18, 2009

I miss Troy.

It's truly the armpit of New York, but I honestly miss Troy. I have so many wonderful memories there and there are so many things that I wish I had closer to home.

My friends: obviously. If I still lived in the capital region I'd be enjoying Laura, Chrissy and Urs' Wednesday Girls Night Out every week. I'd be able to enjoy artsy things with Matty and go to cheap shows whenever I wanted. I'd be able to support the PC Kids and go to every single one of their little shows and gigs at Flavor Cafe or Mocha Blend and heckle all the n00bs.

Proximity: I swear all the stores I ever needed or wanted were so close and convenient! Da Chopper was 24hr and I can't even begin to tell you how amazing it is to live right up the street from a grocery store that's open all day and all night! The mall had every single store I shop regularly at and I knew how to get to every single place. Now that I'm back on LI my inner compass is off! I find myself thinking about how to get to the Joann's up near Troy instead of how to get to the one I live near now.

Haunts: Places like Brown's Brewery, the Ruck, Pizza Bella, Manory's, even Sushi King. I mean I miss all of these restaurants and bars like nobody's business.

We went to Brown's Friday night for dinner and filled up the growler Laura had in her apartment. Let me just say their Port is AMAZING and Jason love love loves their Cherry Raspberry Ale (which might I add has double the alcoholic content of your typical beer).

I can honestly say that if I were still living up there I'd probably join their mug club and become a regular. Their beer is just delightfully good and their food is also fantastic.

Next time you're in the capital region stop by Troy, I promise you'll have a good time if you give it a chance!

0 comments:

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com