Friday, April 16, 2010

DPF: Scarily Biographical

For those of you who don't already know, my Dad and I have a very special relationship which often involves him forcing me to sit through movies which he has deemed "classics."

I'm pretty sure most of these movies are really only classics to my father and no one else, but every once in awhile he comes up with a doosey.

A few I actually love that he's made me sit through include the Christopher Guest Mock-umentaries: Best in Show and A Mighty Wind. Guest is also famous for Spinal Tap but I'm more of a fan of the ridiculousness that are his other works.

A Might Wind is very special for a few added reasons other than the quality entertainment the movie provides. My father's friend Steve is a folk musician and he's said on numerous occasions that A Might Wind is oddly biographical and it is in some cases very true to the folk music scene. This connection just adds to the ridiculousness factor in my mind...

Some of my favorite instances in these movies include Jane Lynch. Especially the whole entire story line in Best in Show with her and Jennifer Coolidge. If you have no idea what I'm talking about, what are you waiting for? Get thee to your NetFlix or Blockbuster and check it out!

In the meantime please enjoy today's Dance Party Friday!

0 comments:

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com