Thursday, April 8, 2010

c25k: Week 1, Day 2

I had no intentions of running last night. But I wound up at the boardwalk with Casey and I did day two of week one.

What I find amazing is I actually WANT to run. Like legit I just have the urge to run.

Am I sore? Yes.

Am I achey? Yes.

Does it feel amazing? Yes.

The downside to running on the boardwalk is I have no control over my pace. When I run on the treadmill I set myself at a certain pace and stay there for the entire interval. On the boardwalk as I start to get tired I tend to slow down even if I'm aware of it and try to keep time with the beat of my music.

After our run we tried to get a delicious smoothie at this place on West Park Ave but they were closed so we drove over to Smootie Roo and got some protein in us. It was pretty good although I'll have to get used to the taste of whey protein again. Just one of those things I suppose.

One thing I both love and hate about running is I can really feel it in my inner thighs. Hurts like hell but I'm glad those muscles are getting some sort of use. I wouldn't mind that area trimming down since I've inherited my mother's thunder thighs.

I'm thinking I'll run at the gym tonight. I won't get a chance to work out again until Sunday night when I get home from Virginia and depending on how tired I am I might wait until Monday night to run again.

I'm debating whether or not to do Week 1 over again just so I can make sure I can sustain the 5.0 pace during the jogging intervals. I don't want to go any slower than that.

0 comments:

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com