Friday, December 25, 2009

Dance Party Friday: It's Gone to the Dogs!

My best friend Casey has pretty much the world's greatest Christmas decorations on her front yard.

No, she doesn't have a singing Santa or one of those blow up snowglobes. She doesn't have a human-sized nut cracker or life-like reindeer.

What she has is far more exciting!

(Sorry about the poor quality, it's from my phone.)

Yes, that's right. She has these huge cardboard cut outs that her brother made at Kinkos years ago of Charlie Brown, Snoopy and Linus. And every year they go out and find the most pathetic looking tree they can scrounge and put a giant disco ball and some random beads on it.

It is fabulous. I look forward to it every year and I love them to death for coming up with this.

Snoopy is really big in my family. My grandfather loved Snoopy and Woodstock and my Mom always gets us Snoopy-related birthday cards. Plus my grandma used to work for MetLife and so we had random Snoopy paraphernalia all over the place.

So in honor of my Snoopy heritage, and Casey's decorations I give you a very special Dance Party Friday:
You can just hum Linus and Lucy to yourself while you enjoy the Snoopy Dance.

Merry Christmas.
Happy (belated) Hanukkah.
Joyous Festivus.
Happy Kwanza.


Or as we say in Partial Credit:
Happy Chrstmahanukwanzakah!

0 comments:

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com