Tuesday, December 15, 2009

BANE IN THE GUY!!!

This just in!

I totally forgot (probably because of my regretful morning kvetching over the loss of my peace sign) that today was the day!!!

*squee*

I'm so proud of my brother! Today the 787 Dreamliner took off. Not even an hour ago it happened. I watched it with my manager over the webcast and it was fantastic. I could even pick Dan out of the crowd of employees lining the runway.

I've never felt so proud of my brother and so happy for his accomplishments that I do right at this moment. I could cry!


This photo is a little old, it's actually from the roll out on July 8th, 2007 but man oh man does the Dreamliner look sweet! (And Dan doesn't look to shabby himself! Proud Papa.)

Seriously though, I can't begin to tell you how fantastically amazing this feels just to know that my brother worked on this plane and quite literally put his blood, sweat and tears into it. Last Christmas he wasn't home for the holidays and it doesn't look like he'll be home this Christmas either so we don't get to see him as often as we'd like, but really...I'm just speechless.

Ever since he was a baby Dan has wanted to work with planes. His first sentence, "Bane in the guy!" as he pointed up at a plane as it flew past was quite literally one of his most defining moments. And now here he is, part of the team that helped make the Dreamliner a reality.

LOVE YOU DANNY!

0 comments:

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com