Sunday, July 12, 2009

Survived!

Well it was a full house this weekend with Chris visiting Julianne and Jason and his parents stopping in for a night (with Misty in tow) but we all survived!

The parents all seemed to get along. My mom was definitely a little flustered at the last minute meet up, but I'm pretty sure she enjoyed herself once everyone settled in. All in all, I probably couldn't have asked for a better first meeting between the parents. Load off my shoulders. I have friends whose parents don't approve of their significant others or don't get along with the in-laws so the fact that my parents genuinely seem to like Jason and seemed to also enjoy meeting his parents is fantastic.

Today we all went over to my aunt's house to celebrate my cousin Dave's birthday. It's actually the 15th, but since that's the middle of the week and my grandma was in town Sunday we had cake.

Here's Dave and Jaclyn...not quite sure what the 'four' is for, but we like them anyway :)

My Dad had his new toy with him, I believe it is an Olympus E-30 but I could be wrong. Either way he had a lot of fun taking extreme close-ups of all of us while we weren't looking.

I myself enjoy being a candid photographer. I love my little Cannon Digital Elph because it is very discrete and I can take photos without people even knowing that I'm doing it. Some of my favorite photos are the candids of someone laughing or a tender moment that no one thought anyone had caught.
Dadoo's paparazzi camera...

...and the overly extreme close-up he was taking.

I've had a lot of fun over the years with photography and hope to expand my camera collection to incorporate a larger camera with interchangable lenses. My Godfather is a professor of photography so he's typically my go-to person when I have camera questions. It's something I'll have to look into over the next few months.

0 comments:

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com