Wednesday, October 20, 2010

WW: OMG Shoes

I'm not sure if I have mentioned this before but there is a 93% chance that I will wear a tea length dress to my wedding.

That being said, I must therefore have fabulous shoes.

They will be out there, right in front of everyone, for all to see! So they damn well better be beautiful!

I was extremely upset when Sex and the City made it popular to wear blue shoes on your wedding day. For years when I dreamed about my wedding day everything was fuzzy but I knew one thing was certain, I'd wear blue shoes.

I love blue shoes. I have all different types, shapes, heel heights, etc. I think if I honestly counted it'd probably be around 10 pair of blue shoes. What can I say? I just love them. It's gotten to the point where I have to remind myself that I also need things like black heels for work...but the office I currently work at gives me the freedom to wear my blue shoes whenever I'd like. Heck, I've even worn bright yellow pumps on occasion here and nobody's said boo.

Problem is, I have yet to find a pair of blue shoes that I have loved so much (other than the ones I literally want to marry) that I could imagine myself getting married in them. Most pairs were the wrong shade of blue, too bright an aqua or too dark a navy. Nothing was juuuuust right.

I came across these on Zappos one day and thought, now those, I could settle for.


What I like about them is that although they are white they have a blue sole. They also have "I do" in rhinestones on the sole as a cute little added touch. Not only that, but they have a platform toe bed. Platforms make shoes heels so much more comfortable and easy to walk in.

I ordered a pair to try on.

I was searching again one morning, still trying to find that perfect pair of blue shoes...I wanted a medium heel with possibly an ankle strap. I'm going to be wearing these shoes all day so I want them to be dance-floor ready because when brother Dan spins me I don't want those babies flying off and knocking anyone out!

I found a WeddingBee board where brides were posting photos of their shoes and one poster had a pair of "Design Your Own" Ninas. I had to investigate further. I wound up at the Nina website and holy crap had I found a treasure trove!

Look what I made!
4" Nina Electra white satin w/china blue sole & bow
4" Nina Kyleen white satin w/china blue sole & knot

Soooo exciting! I ordered some plain old Electras from Zappos in two different sizes in the blue and the white to see what the colors looked like together and which size fits best. But really, I couldn't be more excited that I found this site!

Nina are very well made shoes. Typically they are very comfortable to boot! And for $150 I could either settle for a pair of shoes that aren't what I really really wanted, or I could just get a pair custom made for me!

How exciting would it be when someone compliments my fabulous shoes to let them know that they're designed by me fabulous shoes?!


Plus that design your own website is all sorts of fun...I got bored and hilarity ensued...

Clown shoes are crying on the inside :'(

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Problem is, I have yet to find a pair of blue shoes that I have loved so much (other than the ones I literally want to marry)"

You must be voting for Jerry McMillan next month? :-P

- Matty

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com