Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Mediocrity!

Last night was pretty low key. We all had a really long weekend (my father and I spent all Saturday schlepping around Brooklyn with my grandma) and we literally all just kind of zonked out watching Cash Cab and screaming answers at the stupid contestants.

This commercial popped up during one of the breaks:


I just turned to my Dad and said, "Really?"

Because it was such an amazing commercial!

He was up in a second navigating to 2011Mediocrity.com to find out just which car company was behind it. He had his suspicions it was Subaru but my Mom fervently thought it was Volkswagen.

The website is hilarious. I completely applaud ANY company that will go THIS far with their marketing.

My favorite part is Mediocrity Motor Company's Mission Statement:

The Mediocrity mission is to manufacture the most mainstream mid-size sedan on the road today. Our company is extremely dedicated and passionate about "middle-of-the-road." Each and every day, we strive for predictability, unoriginality and no-frills utilitarianism for all of your transportation needs. The 2011 Mediocrity will get you from A to B without anybody ever noticing, and that's a good thing.

If you then click the button at the bottom of the Mission Statement that says "Click here if you don't subscribe to these principles at all" it brings you here.

Well done folks. Well done.

Makes me love Subaru even more!

2 comments:

Hannah said...

Love it! Corey JUST picked up his Subaru yesterday, so I had to show him.

Elise said...

Ooooo, what did he get?!

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com