Friday, October 29, 2010

DPF: Sanity? Insanity?

Tomorrow is the Rally to Restore Sanity in Washington. Although I won't be there I have many a friends who are going.

If we hadn't already made plans to go to Kleinfeld's or enjoy the Halloween weekend I definitely would have ventured out and joined my friends "who think shouting is annoying, counterproductive and terrible for your throat."

I adore Jon Stewart and although he's a comedian I think he typically has a lot of very smart and poignant things to say. In fact I recall a study done on the intelligence of people who watch the Daily Show as opposed to those who watch the O'Reilly Factor and other so called "news talk shows".

I enjoy Comedy Central's version because it is cheeky, hilarious, smart, and damn I love Jon Stewart. Honestly, anyone who proposes to his wife in a Sunday crossword deserves respect and admiration!

The March to Keep Fear Alive is also taking place tomorrow. So here's a little Steven Colbert for you to enjoy:

"America, the Greatest Country God ever gave Man,
was built on three bedrock principles:
Freedom. Liberty.
And Fear — that someone might take our Freedom and Liberty."



So to all my friends venturing to DC this weekend:

Be safe. Be sane.


0 comments:

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com