Monday, August 23, 2010

MM: No, it's Hairspray

I felt very very conflicted about this one.

As we all know, I have a lot of guilty pleasures. Trashy romance novels, shoes, ugly things, etc. but there's one guilty pleasure I've been holding back for a long time now and it wasn't until Ashley said the following words to me that I felt okay coming out and saying it.

Ash: I watched 17 Again today at work on youtube. Zac Efron is really really attractive.

Here's my thing. I don't really find Zac Efron really attractive on his own. However, as Link in Hairspray, ummm, break me off a piece of that please?


And apparently I wasn't the only one who enjoyed him as this character, nor was I the only one who felt old and even slightly pervy for thinking so...

Ash: Hairspray is when Mel and i decided that he WAS cute, and we left that movie feeling bad about ourselves.

Mel: I felt so conflicted. I was like "dance around in that skinny blue suit some more, Zefron!"

I think the only reason I allow myself to enjoy him in this role is to me, he doesn't look like himself and therefore I don't associate him with High School Musical or the other Disney movies he was in when he was young and therefore I don't feel old and dirty.

It's totally the 50s style that gets me. What can I say, I was born in the wrong decade.

0 comments:

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com