Friday, August 6, 2010

DPF: Talk Nerdy To Me

Sometimes I wonder if Jason really knew what he was getting himself into here.

Or rather, I wonder if he knew how much of a nerd I was secretly. Oh, I will be the first to tell you that I am a huge nerd and can hold my own when discussing video games, cars, card games, Pokemon, Star Wars, Star Trek, etc. But I don't spread it 'round often.

Today Jason and I had quite possibly one of the nerdiest discussions we've ever had. And to make it that much funnier, here it is as I retold it to Ashley:

Me: I am having quite possibly one of the nerdiest conversations I've ever had with Jason right now
Ash
: is it about science?
Me: no
Me:
worse
Ash: elise
Me: here I'll explain
Me: it's more fun
Ash: think about what you said
Ash
: what is worse than science?
Me: IT'S SO MUCH WORSE
Ash: wait its more fun than science but so much worse to talk about?
Me: so it all started because we were talking about who he wanted in his bridal party and whether or not we thought everyone we wanted could afford it
Ash: and it got nerdy from there?
Me: just wait!
Ash
: my mind is about to be blown isnt it?
Me: and I told him I'm not really totally worried because most my girls make a decent living
Me: and even though my sister doesn't have money to spend on my wedding when her's is coming up, we'd work it out
Me: and this is where it started:
Me: I said basically that it's not like my parents would let my sister go naked
Me:
which in turn Jason asked in reply if they'd let me go naked to the wedding
Ash: dirty
Me: "Didn't Deanna Troi's mother (played by Gene Roddenberry's wife) show up naked to her wedding?"
Ash
: WOAH
Ash: WOAH
Ash: mind
Ash: blown
Me: well actually I asked him if that solidified me in nerdiness
Me: BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE
Me: "yes that helped solidify whatever was still liquid in your nerdiness potential!"
Me:
"Best TNG episode is still Rascals. I will always say this."
Me: "That the one when they got turned into kids? If so yea that was a great one. I will keep the time-looping/resetting/exploding episode as my favorite."
Me: "Is that the one where Picard is an old man on the planet that's spiraling towards a sun? Playing a happy tune on his recorder? Would you love me any more/less if I told you I know that song and play it on my flute sometimes?"
Ash: hahaha
Ash: elise
Me: I wonder if Jason knew how much of a Star Trek expert I am :x
Me: SURPRISE
Ash: i'm pretty sure that conversation went from average to mind blowingly nerdy to fucking hilariously adorable in no time.


And for those of you wondering:
"
No, that episode you speak of, they find a probe and it 'downloads' or whatever into Picard, who experiences the planet's culture and lifestyle through living as one of them. Even though it is a lifetime for him, it was 15 minutes or so IRL. The sun was dying (i.e. - when a star starts to 'die,' the 1st stage results in the star gradually expanding. When our star dies in billions of years from now, Earth will be gobbled up during its expansion before it collapses and forms a white dwarf), so as a race without spacetraveling technology, to save their culture and whatnot, they made a probe and launched it, which did its intended with Picard.

The one I'm talking about is the one where the Enterprise blows up every commercial break before they get themselves out of the loop finally.
And you should play that song for me sometime, its a nice song!"


So in celebration of nerditude!

0 comments:

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com