Thursday, March 25, 2010

The Great Gonzo

The other day I was watching the Muppets Take Manhattan. It probably comes in a close second to the Muppet Christmas Carol as my favorite Muppet movie.

I love the Muppets irrevocably. (You liked how I slipped that in there, didn't you?) There is just something so wonderful about them and they were a huge part of my childhood.

Back at school whenever we had auditions for Partial Credit the one question I would always ask each singer is Whose your favorite Muppet? because I liked to get them to laugh and feel more comfortable and because your favorite Muppet actually tells me a lot about your personality. It's like my own personal litmus test.

When someone said they hated the Muppets or they didn't know the Muppets I had a gut reaction that told me I could never be friends with that person. I know...I'm special.

Anyway...

I realized as the Great Gonzo started up his chorus of chickens doing their version of Tony Bennett singing the William Tell Overture that if Jason were ever to be a Muppet, he would in fact be Gonzo.

Let's compare shall we:

  • Gonzo is one of a kind (Well he is if you've never seen Muppets From Space), to me, Jason is one of a kind.
  • Gonzo has a pretty big schnoz, Jason has a pretty big nose too.
  • Gonzo has a thing for chickens (particularly ones named Camilla), Jason has a thing for chickens (not the same kind of "thing" however).
  • Gonzo is hilarious, Jason keeps me laughing too.
  • Gonzo likes to be shot out of a cannon, Jason will always try anything once in his own adventurous way.
  • I love Gonzo because he is a Muppet, I love Jason.
See, I mean it's as if it were right there in front of me all this time! It would have reached out and slapped me in the face if I had let it.


Plus, Gonzo is quite the charmer, I mean check out that fantastic suit and those wonderful chocolates he's bought for his chick. Every once in awhile Jason surprises me with something sweet and unexpected.

So what's my point here?

Maybe it's because I'm in full on wedding mode since we're working on Laura's invites this week, but don't you think Gonzo and Camilla would make the most adorable cake topper?


I mean come on, they're so cute! And they don't care about inter-species dating or the challenges that life might bring. They're just looking to have a good time together as Mr. & Mrs. Weirdo.

And I'll leave you with this quote from the movie:

[Gonzo uses mouth-to-mouth resuscitation on his chicken]
Miss Piggy: Gonzo, is Camilla all right?
Gonzo: Yeah, but I think we're engaged!


Goodnight everybody, I'll be here all the week!

Photo credits: first and second (not only is the photo from there, but he has an excellent post comparing different personality types of Muppets in the Publicity world...read it!)

0 comments:

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com