Sunday, March 14, 2010

Jersey Boys

Friday night I went into Jersey City to hang out with my friends James and Glenn. I am a horrible friend and I haven't seen them since last summer and although we keep in touch online it's definitely not the same. So since I hadn't seen them in so long and I needed James' help with my laptop I decided to trudge into the city and down to Jersey Friday night.

First off I missed my train. I literally was running up the escalator and my foot hit the platform as it was pulling out of the station. So cue to me miserable, cold and wet standing on the platform watching all the cozy dry people on their way into the city. The next train wasn't for half an hour so I went across the street and got a latte and caught up on some chit chat with Laura since we haven't spoken on the phone to each other since before I went to Vancouver.

Finally got into the city and Subwayed down to WTC and was surprised to find James waiting for me at the station. We caught up a bit on the PATH and got back to their apartment after a brisk walk past the water.

James and Glenn were roommates freshman year and they were quite possibly the funniest combo of roommates ever. Sophomore year James moved in with some other friends and Glenn moved into his frat, later Glenn became an RA and lived upstairs from me. It was pretty chill.

After graduation they found a place together in Jersey City and have since moved to a slightly nicer place. Next year they hope to actually move into NYC but we'll see how that turns out.

We often refer to James and Glenn as hetero-lifemates. They are totally like an old married couple and treat each other as such and I love the way they interact. I totally forgot how much I missed them and now that I know how to get to their new place I'll be able to visit more often. (Preferably not when the sky is falling.)

So we had a wonderful weekend hanging around, catching up, remembering old times, and eating delicious food.

Plus they helped me completely wipe my laptop and rebuild it. Saffron is no more, now I have Frank and he's fabulous and runs so well and I'm going to treat him so good and not clog up his hard drive.

Hooray for my boys!

0 comments:

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com