Wednesday, March 24, 2010

"Bitches, Happy Drunken Tuesday!"

Last night was pretty fantastic.

I had work, whatevs it was fine and I actually enjoy working with the store manager because she's really mellow and lets me do my own thing without commanding me to do something. She knows I know what to do and just lets me get it done in my own way. I appreciate that.

Anyway, after work I met up with Julibean and some friends at one of our favorite local bars. RJ's is a really nice place to go to happy hour, especially when the outdoor bar is open. Casey and I sometimes meet her parents there after an especially brutal day of work and we've made friends with some of the bartenders. (Which is always the greatest friendship to forge.)

Since it was a Tuesday night the bar itself was pretty quiet. I met up with them around 10ish and caught up with some people I haven't seen in awhile which is always nice.

Matt (Julibean's Army friend) is home for a few weeks. He needed a break since he's going through a pretty horrific divorce/paternity crisis. It's seriously awful and I feel so bad about it because Matt is a great guy and doesn't deserve that sort of ish from anyone.

Anyway one of Matt's other friends wound up being at the other end of the bar celebrating his birthday so we invited him down to our end of the bar to share some cake. Since she's in the cake portion of her pastry schooling Julibean brought along one of three cakes she had made in class so we could munch on it at the bar.

While everyone was making birthday cakes and anniversary cakes, Julibean went straight for the Drunken Tuesday cake.

Sorry for the poor quality.
Bar lighting + cell camera = shitty photo.

The story of Drunken Tuesday:
When we were in school Wednesday was typically a day of no classes. Sure, some people had testing periods early in the morning or labs, but most of us (the Humanities students) didn't have any Wednesday classes.

So Tuesday night became a great night for parties and going out to the bars since everyone had a light schedule on Wednesdays. Literally the campus was buzzing on a Tuesday night, it was insane.

Drunken Tuesday was born.

It was inevitable. Even if you were just sitting around you apartment with nothing to do and no parties to hit up, you would pop open some wine or some tequila and watch a movie and get drunk with your roommates. It was marvelous.

So in honor of our college days, we had some Drunken Tuesday cake and some drinks and now I'm going on like 5hrs of sleep instead of my usual 7. But thems the breaks. It was a fun night and I don't regret it.

0 comments:

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com