Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Wilton Cake Update

I was holding onto my cake that I decorated on Friday. This happened for a few reasons.

Long story short, Jason's grandfather is not doing so great. He's been in the hospital for quite some time now and they stopped force feeding him/giving him his meds on Tuesday. When I say that I mean last Tuesday. The man has held on for a week without nutrition or the pills that were supposedly keeping him alive. We expected to hear word on Wednesday and were prepared for Jason to drive up to my house, his three cousins in the city to take the train to my house and the five of us to drive up to New Hampshire to be with the rest of the family. Right now these plans are on hold as we wait. It's not the greatest of situations but unfortunately this is what happens sometimes.

I planned on bringing the cake with me for the family to eat in NH.

Instead, I brought it to work since I don't want it sitting in my fridge at home for another week.

It was delicious. It was pretty. And I totally forgot to take a photo of it.

This is what is left.

The cake itself was a homemade funfetti cake with fruit preserve filling and the trademark Wilton butter-cream frosting. Problem was nobody in the office wanted to cut into it since they all thought it was so pretty. I had to do the honors and took the tiniest sliver just to see how it tasted.

This week I'm making a chocolate cake with Nutella filling and a chocolate/butter-cream/Nutella frosting. I anticipate it ALSO being delicious.

0 comments:

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com