Monday, February 22, 2010

Manjoyment Monday: Light of my Life

Twelve years ago I fell for someone.

I'm not quite sure what it was, but there was just that X-factor. Was it his huge smile? His quiet concentration? The damn soul patch on his chin? I'm not sure I'll ever know the answer.



I'm almost positive it has something to do with the fact he is an Olympian seeing as although I was excited he got to spend some time in the limelight away from speed skating when he was on Dancing with the Stars I just couldn't get into that as much as my face is glued to the television when he's skating. There's something ethereal about the way he moves. (Yeah I went there.)

He tied Bonnie Blair for the most Olympic Speed Skating Medals. He's secured his name in the record books and deep in the cockles of my heart.

Many have joined the bandwagon in loving this man but I among the silly Rock posters, clippings of that blue alien dude from the Walkman has landed ads, and photos torn out of Sports Illustrated of Mike Piazza, I had one sole photo on my wall of Apolo ages ago.

Ours is a long enduring love.

(I know, I'm a sick sad person.)

2 comments:

Ashley said...

How did you fall for him 12 years ago when he only hit the scene 8 years ago (2002). I remember because I was totally in love with him.

I still am. He's hotter than Michael Phelps.

Elise said...

Perhaps it was a typo. Also he's now got more medals and is totally the most decorated Winter Olympian in addition to making me happy.

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com