Wednesday, September 1, 2010

WW: Moving

Tomorrow afternoon I'm leaving work early to head down to the Baltimore area and visit with my sister. We plan on going to the state fair and hanging around until I leave for Virginia on Friday afternoon for the long weekend.

I'm packing Lulu to the gills (imagine a Griswald Family Vacation for one!) and moving some things down to Jason's apartment. These are things I don't necessarily need in my house now but will eventually need in our home together when I move down there for good.

Basically I have a lot of kitchen supplies that Jason could be using. Right now the "mancave" supports a meager two pots and one frying pan, dollar store silverware, a bare pantry, and a dining room table covered in computers and papers.

We've already gotten a few place settings of Fiestaware(!) and after opening them up with me (and torturing me via phone by not telling me what colors they were), Jason has still yet to take them out of the box. He says that he doesn't want to use these things until I'm there and although it's very sweet that he considers these things "ours," it's going to be difficult enough unpacking a UHaul of crap when I move there permanently so I'd like to get some things unpacked in advanced.

Not to mention the plates Jason is eating off of now are easily 6 years old at this point and were bought for a grand total of about $15 at a Walmart. They have served their purpose well but it's time to say goodbye to the scratched up and mangled plates and make way for something nicer.

I would be lying if I said I wasn't nervous about moving away from home and in with Jason. I know we'll be fine, and I know it will take some time to adjust to each other's living habits, but it's juuuust out of my comfort zone and it will be different. I'm prepared for it to be an adjustment, I know it won't be totally perfect the second we're living together, but nothing in life is perfect anyway and we have our whole lives to make it work like clockwork.

Not very many of my friends are currently married. In fact I have three sets of family/friends who are currently married so advice is hard to come by. Not very sure what I even need advice on, but I'm just slightly baffled by the whole thing.

I knew this was all coming. I've wanted this to happen for a long time. This weekend is a big step in the whole "our lives together" process and I'm excited and terrified all at the same time.

We're going to go furniture shopping for some dinning room pieces and see if we can finally do something with the guest bathroom since Jason hasn't much decorated anything yet. We're thinking pirate theme...yeah, you heard me...I think it'll be awesome.

0 comments:

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com