Wednesday, November 18, 2009

I realize, I'm ridiculous

For a few days this week my good friend Matty was in the city on business. Since I had work at the beebeedubbs Monday night we decided to do dinner last night instead.

So Matty, the Beaner and I hopped into the newly (and finally) fixed Lulu and grabbed some dinner. But oh look, the Swan Princess soundtrack was still in Lulu's player...so Julibean and I serenaded Matt. Yeah, that's right, we sang to him until he could almost figure out the words himself and sing along too!

But *gasp* Matty had never seen the Swan Princess! So after our early bird dinner (yeah, we're old ladies now) we went back to our house and sat him down and put in the most fabulous movie ever.

I'm serious people, long before he was ever transformed into a frog in Shrek, John Cleese was a French frog in the Swan Princess named Jean-Bob. And he is hilarious! Plus I'm thinking Jean-Bob might be an excellent name for a dog, but I digress.

As the plot unraveled Matt had a few choice comments. When the evil Lord Rothbart appears Matty exclaimed, "There's nothing scarier than a handle bar moustache!"

Later, when Derek and Odette are finally reunited under the pale moonlight and have their first kiss in a long time: "That's kissing with partially open lips...are we sure the children should be watching this?"

I love you Matty, especially since you sit through 2-D animations I love without even a second thought!

If you don't go out and rent the Swan Princess and watch it, "I'll have you whipped, flogged, put on the rack and have your back legs fried in butter!!"

0 comments:

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com