Tuesday, November 24, 2009

"I'll marry you Puckman!"

Ever since my first hockey game at RPI, I've been hooked.



I seriously just can't get enough of Puckman. I realize this is probably one of my most ridiculous loves, but he's just such an adorable mascot in a ridiculous way. He's a puck, with the RPI bullet as a body, and an engineer's hat as a head. That's it. Plain and simple.

But I LOVE him!

I also love the Zamboni. It's probably one of my favorite parts of the hockey game. For a long time my dream was to ride the Zamboni in the Puckman costume. Quite a lofty dream if you ask me.

This weekend PC's theme was Celebrity Jeopardy. Instead of Sean Connery and the inevitable "Penis mightier" joke the Celebrities were Puckman, Shirley J, and a Girl. When Nick told me this I almost wet myself with excitement...James HAD the Puckman costume on loan from the Athletics Department. From that moment on it became my mission to get inside it and take photos and videos of myself doing my best Puckman impression.

After sound check we were wandering around backstage (because you know as PC alums we're allowed to do whatever we want if we bring snacks), and there he was, face down on a desk in the warm-up room.

Giddy as a school girl I ran over to one of the n00bs and merely said as I threw my camera at her, "It is my dream to be inside that thing!" And ran over to pull the costume over my head. She snapped away some photos and even took a video of me doing Puckman's signature move, the crowd cheer competition.

Dreams really do come true!!!

Afterward I legitimately introduced myself to the n00bs, all of whom didn't think it was odd of me at all to run in and attack the Puckman costume. The n00bs are great and I'm so excited to see the group thrive on its own!

Truly...
My Life = COMPLETE

Now all I have to do is ride a Zamboni!


(1st photo borrowed from smelikian's flickr)

0 comments:

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com