Monday, June 22, 2009

The Wedding Date

A few weeks ago, my good friend Matt asked me if I would go to a wedding with him. I love weddings and even though I knew I was a replacement date I couldn't have been more thrilled to go. It actually isn't the first time a friend of mine had a date cancel at the last minute and I love meeting families and seeing the different traditions people incorporate into weddings.

Matt and I have been friends since freshman year of college. We met at an a cappella workshop before classes even started and I wound up going to Six Flags with his family later that week on a whim. Since Matt's family lived in the area I got to see them frequently and always enjoyed the time spent with my surrogate family. Also, I had met the bride on a few occasions prior to the wedding so I didn't feel too awkward going.

The ceremony was wonderful. It was short and sweet, outdoors by a little stream, and the Appel Inn in Altamon is just adorable. I love small weddings. I think sharing the moment with the people who matter most and not throwing a party for your cousin's boyfriend's vegetarian yoga instructor is the way to go.

The reception was intimate and the ceiling of the "Gathering Space" is goregous!

Most importantly Beth and Dan looked so happy and the day was simply fantastic.

0 comments:

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com