Friday, April 8, 2011

We're moving!

...I just wish I knew where!!!

I know, I know, I've been a horrible blogger AGAIN. You think I'd learn my lesson by now, but no.

Anyway. It's been very stressful the past week. Yes, amazing things have happened. Jason got a job offer in CT! He also had three other phone interviews, two of which lead to on-site interviews.

So cue to last week when Jason realized his interview on the 11th in Schenectady might be cutting it close if he had to give his answer to CT by the 15th. Mad dash to see if they could bump up the interview, it was a no go but the guy did say since Jason has such a tight deadline he'd let him know the evening of the 11th if he got the job and he'd pressure HR to get right on sending him the offer.

Meanwhile there was a third possible on-site interview in Baton Rouge. Of course since this is the least ideal place to live it is the job Jason wants most. Of course even though I'm not really interested in living in the south I'm behind my manfriend all the way if it's what he wants to do. Of course since it's the job he really wants, they can't seem to get their act together and don't think they could possibly work with the 15th as a deadline. This is still up in the air.

I did some housing research both in the Schenectady area (which of course I already know a lot about housing in the capital region and Laura has moved so many times she knows the ins and outs of apartment complexes in the area) and I also took a look at the areas between Groton and the other major cities in CT.

It'd be killer easy to find a decent and affordable place to live, apartment-style, in the Capital Region. It's a little harder to find an apartment-style place in CT unless you're looking in the areas immediately surrounding a major city...which of course we're not. I haven't found any positions worth applying to in Groton but I have applied to things in New Haven and Hartford, and even Providence, RI. But all the housing between any of those two points is house rentals. We don't need anything more than two bedrooms, we can't afford anything more than two bedrooms, but that seems to be what's available in CT. Obviously the search will continue.

I told Jason my findings and asked him if NY gives him a comparable offer to CT where he would rather work/live. I wanted to know what he wanted. I already know what I want. The Capital Region is already home, we have friends there, we know the area, we're getting married there, it'd be everso convenient! Color me pleasantly surprised when he said he'd probably prefer the NY job if the offer was similar.

Yesssss.

Laura will be so happy to have me back :P

I'm not getting my hopes up. The CT offer is a solid offer and in my mind CT is WAY better than Louisiana any day of the week. (I don't like humidity, and I don't like bugs...so sue me!) I'd be content with Connecticut, I'd be ecstatic with Schenectady though!

We'll know by the end of next week where we'll be moving, and we'll be going apartment hunting next weekend. All I'm going to say is next week can't come fast enough!

It's almost like dancing...

0 comments:

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com