Friday, April 29, 2011

DPF: Ouila!

This one is for Julibean:



Allow me to explain. Yesterday morning Julianne told me she wasn't feeling well and that she thought she had pulled something in her sleep. She had a pain in her side.

Immediately my mind always flies to APPENDIX mostly because freshman year a friend of mine (after two trips to the hospital, and then being dismissed twice for "nothing") had his appendix burst on him and it was quite possibly one of the most horrible things ever.

So I ask her more about her symptoms and play doctor. She said stabbing pain, immediately I think APPENDIX, but the pain wasn't in the right spot. She was having shortness of breath and a pain in her ribs on her right hand side. At that point I thought maybe gallbladder because our mother had hers out back in '96 and had trouble with it even in earlier years.

I am the last person who will jump up and go to the doctor on a whim. Unless I think I need antibiotics, I'll get through it on my own. But when it's something like shooting pain in your abdomen I say, get thee to the doctor!

Julibean called her doctor, but he couldn't give her an appointment until noon today, and suggested going to the doc in the box. She goes to the clinic and has a few tests done, and they say, you should go to the emergency room. At this point we all were thinking gallbladder.

After a round of tests at the emergency room, and a day sitting around in pain at the hospital since they didn't give her any pain meds until they knew what was wrong, finally at around 11pm they told her it was appendicitis and they'd have to yank it out of her.

AHA! APPENDIX!

All night all I could think of was the Madeline episode where she has her appendix out and all the other girls want theirs out too. I asked Julianne if she was going to have a funny shaped scar and she said no, they were removing it through her belly button...which really only made me think of mummies having their brains yanked out through their nose.

...I'm sick that way.

APPENDIX!

0 comments:

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com