Wednesday, November 10, 2010

WW: Oy to the Vey

So I mentioned how disappointed I was that Kleinfelds didn't have the Audrey dress. At the advice of Keasha I called the store to see if the dress could be borrowed again from the designer or if the could borrow it from another store.

I spoke with the woman in charge of all the inventory and she said that the dress was in a box ready to be shipped back to California.

Which really means, that the dress was in the store somewhere in the basement when I was there trying on dresses but they just couldn't find it.

Seriously?!

Sunday after running around like crazy Casey, my mother and I trained into the city to see this dress. We didn't have an appointment, the woman on the phone said I didn't need one if I was just coming in to try on the one dress so we waited until a room became available.

It was all wrong. Not only was it a size 6 (in street clothes bridal 6 = size 4), but it looked like it had been run over by a tractor. I shimmied into it (barely, I'm a size 14 here people) and it just felt all wrong.

Maybe it would have been better if it had been a size I could squeeze into it would have looked okay but my Mother hated it and I wasn't feeling happy about it either.

I've been dreaming about the Audrey dress for like two years now, and I was so disappointed again. I just wanted to cry.

I know I'll find a dress. I know I'll love it when I do, but this was just utterly heartbreaking.

0 comments:

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com