Wednesday, November 17, 2010

WW: Finally!

Considering the fact that I was quite disappointed with my Kleinfelds experience I was really dreading trying to make appointments and find other bridal salons and boutiques who carried designers I was interested in.

Stephanie James Couture is only really in about four stores total on the East Coast. There's a store in Pittsburgh, which I really didn't want to have to go to because it's a hell of a drive in the winter. There's Kleinfelds, which I was underwhelmed with their selection. There's a store in Burlington, and there's a store in Philadelphia.

I emailed the store in Burlington, VT (Sewly Yours) and they were very friendly and helpful. They said they had the Audrey but not the Ms Kennedy or the Stella, but they'd be willing to borrow the dresses if I wanted them to. Burlington is a bit of a schlep for me. It's 3 hours past Albany and about 3 hours northwest of Jason's family in NH too. It wouldn't be terribly easy to venture to however I thought I'd keep them as an option since they were so nice.

I called the store in Philadelphia, PA (Van Cleve Wedding Pavilion) and spoke with Abby. She was super sweet and told me that they are new to Stephanie James as well and don't have any dresses in the store yet but will be getting the Audrey and Ms Kennedy in early January. Better yet she told me that they'd be getting those dresses in size 12. Oh hello, size 12 bridal is size 10 street clothes typically and that is something I can definitely get on and get a good idea of how it would look on me. So I was thrilled about that. Also! At the end of January they were having a little mini trunk show and more of SJC dresses would be in the store! The Stella dress is something I still really really want to try on and Abby said she would call them and ask them to include it in the trunk show in a size 12 if they hadn't already planned on doing so, so that way I could try it on.

I am one happy camper about this.

I made an appointment for that Saturday and I really can't wait! I finally feel better about this whole dress search. Plus, since we'll be in Philly we can see my godparents and even if she's free take my godmother Ginny dress shopping with us.

Ginny doesn't have any children so I feel extra special that I might get to share dress shopping with her because she's been such a fixture in my life for so long and she really is important to me.

Finally! Some good news!

2 comments:

sheam2 said...

say hello to my old hood in Philly! glad you are figuring things out dress wise!!

Elise said...

Wish you were here! *muah*

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com