Friday, June 4, 2010

Charo: New Depths of Stupidity!

Charo has reached new heights! Or rather maybe I should say new lows in her constant ability to shock me in how stupid she really is.

Last Thursday on payday Charo apparently did something very out of the ordinary for her. She paid a bill in full. *GASP*

Now to me, that's a common occurrence. I only every buy things that I know I can pay for immediately and just don't have the cash on me at the time, or that I know when the bill comes in I can pay off in full. I very rarely carry over a balance on my credit cards and I know it will be a difficult adjustment in the coming months when I start buying wedding things and can't possibly pay for all of it at once and have to pay installments...but I digress.

Charo on the other hand has absolutely no savings and is very stupid with her money and lives from paycheck to paycheck.

Anyway, Charo suddenly realizes she has paid her bill in full and is verbally abusing herself the whole time she calls up Verizon to tell them she didn't mean to pay off the whole bill since it isn't due till the end of June. They say to call her bank and have the payment stopped. Her bank says it's already been posted so they can't do anything about it and she should bring it up with Verizon.

Meanwhile she's called her ever-understanding mother to explain what's going on. Mommy dearest basically bitches out Charo about being so stupid with her money and reminds her that rent is due. Yeah, she is living with her mom again and can't afford to move out.

I understand this, I'm living with my parents because I can't afford to live on my own and it'd be stupid to waste money when I'm working so close. But when they ask me if I can pay for groceries or kick for a certain phone/cable bill I'm always willing and able because I have a savings account I can dip into on a rainy day. And since I'm not paying a monthly rent I don't mind at all picking up incidentals like that.

Frustrated that Mother dearest is angry with her for being stupid, Charo basically tells her to eff off and not to worry about it.

Verizon tells her that if she wants she can put in a petition to get a refund. She is panicked that she'll be out the $200 for two weeks and really needs the money back. They tell her to call back in a week.

Again she calls Mommy dearest and tells her the update that she should be getting back the money and everything will be fine. She's "banking on it" in fact. I'm sorry, but where in the conversation did Verizon promise anything? My thoughts are she's just digging herself a bigger hole.

Today Charo calls back Verizon because apparently her petition has been denied and she won't be getting a refund. She is AGHAST at their ruthlessness. How dare they not give her money back!

Let's back-peddle for a second here...Charo paid her bill in full. It was her error because she is a moron and apparently doesn't know how the website works. This is legitimately her fault, it has nothing to do with Verizon at all. Obviously their policy is if you have a balance out on your account they can't refund you any money. That seems perfectly sensible to me.

Well not to Charo...

She goes off on the customer service rep and demands to talk to a supervisor. When she gets on the phone with the supervisor he informs her that this is their policy and it always has been. Charo badgers the supervisor and explains that if the original customer service rep had known that she wouldn't have gotten her money back she should have been informed last week instead of having to wait a week to be denied.

Then, in true Charo fashion, she threatens to leave the company. "Well what if I tell you I'm going to leave Verizon, what would you do?" He probably replies that he'd do nothing. "Well what can you do to keep me as a customer? What are you willing to offer me?"

Seriously Charo? Asking for a freebie when you're pissed at them because you paid a bill?! So what you're basically doing is asking for a reward for paying your bill in full and before the due date? Maybe they should really have thrown you a parade!

I just can't...really...I can't.

So what is Charo's solution? "I'm going to switch to AT&T and get an iPhone!"

First off she has such a huge Verizon bill because she has a Blackberry. She has NO NEED for one. I know this because I don't even have a need for one and I use the internet much more and have Freelance design clients contacting me and wedding vendors and such. I actually could use a Blackberry but am not willing to pay a ridiculous amount for the data package which is why I haven't gotten one yet. Because I'm trying to save money and that's what you do, you make sacrifices.

For me my little phone with unlimited txting is plenty for now. In the coming months I might change my mind but we'll see what happens.

Regardless. Charo has a Blackberry for no reason and is paying a lot to have it. Like at least $100 a month. I pay maybe $30 a month. Instead she wants to get an iPhone which is even more expensive than a Blackberry. That's the ideal situation in Charo-land. And I applaud her stupidity for that.

0 comments:

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com