Saturday, June 26, 2010

c25k: Feel'n Good

For once these intervals have felt awesome. I ran again at the gym on the treadmill. 5.3 jogging speed is slightly more comfortable for my stride. I think 5.5 might be even more comfortable so I'll try that next time. 3.0 for the walking speed.

I did add in an extra half a minute onto one of the jogging intervals just because I was feeling so good about the pace and work out. So that's good.

My sneakers started rubbing my arch on my right foot. For some reason my arch is in an odd spot and no matter how comfortable sneakers are everywhere else, they sometimes hit my arch while running. It wasn't insufferable, it wasn't too bad actually, no blister or anything. Just uncomfortable.

I think I need to invest in some running socks. I'm not ready for $13 socks like Casey but maybe a pair of $5 socks instead of the $1 ones I'm currently using will help alleviate the issue.

My legs were super exhausted by the end of the day, I spent the rest of the daylight hours at Macy's with my mother looking for a dress for her to wear to Laura's wedding next weekend. We definitely found a great one. Let's forget the fact that in dresses my mother and I are the same size...it's not depressing, my mom's worked hard to trim down and I know in pants I'm still a few sizes smaller. Mostly it's just my torso that is in need of a larger size (thanks ta-tas!) but yeah, hoping the c25k will help me trim down a bit more so it's not an option to share clothes with my mom...

Quick Stats:
1.75 miles in 28:30.

0 comments:

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com