Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Party in the USA

Let me first start out by saying I have awesome friends.

Then allow me to continue to explain that when I told my friends we were having a Party in the USA themed Quarter Century Birthday Extravaganza at the beach house and were requesting everyone wear the most ridiculous cacophony of red, white and blue they could muster, they all seemed pretty excited. (Or at least, willing to humor the birthday girl).

I think the best way to describe the rest of the day is through photos, so if you'll allow me...

When we reached the beach house and we realized we were a few drinks behind everyone else, we realized we had to catch up. I spied a fishbowl-like glass in the kitchen, rinsed it out, and poured some wine in it. For the rest of the weekend, we all enjoyed drinking out of the fishbowl and it may or may not have been the very best idea, but it was pretty awesome at the time.
It was about half a fishbowl in that we realized the house next door looked like it was smiling at us.
Chris showed us the importance of packing properly when going on a hike. Craig accepted to being his human backpack.

About a third of the way through the fishbowl, Amanda has a tremendous idea! Chris is obviously missing white from his ensemble and she decides to help him out by lending him her apron. ...Oh the things our men let us do to them...

We all sat around on various blankets in the backyard while some of our awesome friends cooked and BBQed.

I could have sworn I had a photo of the three of them sitting there like old men talking and eating, but this one will just have to do.

Jamie showed off her best Statue of Liberty impression.

And then Craig showed us how he gets all the ladies:

All in all I have to say it was a top night. A stellar birthday! Definitely one to remember, and it was so great that Chris and Julibean hosted us all at the beach house. We had a very random crowd of friends around and they all got along so well it was fantastic.

I couldn't have asked for a better birthday!

0 comments:

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com