Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The Double X Curse

I spend a lot of my downtime surfing the Internet. Who doesn't?

Recently my humdrum of an existence has turned to creating Wish Lists on websites. Typically I keep my Wish Lists private, they're really for my own amusement and I enjoy having lots of pretty things all in one place. But still, I would be lying if I didn't say I had a Wish List at Bed Bath & Beyond, Amazon.com, Macy's, and Target, and that seems kind of wrong to me.

Sometimes I'm creating Wish Lists just to entertain myself. Sometimes I'm creating Wish Lists so I can live an exciting life vicariously through these fantastic items. Either way, it's almost becoming a problem.

I was chatting with an old friend the other day and when he asked me what I was up to I flat out told him I was searching the web for shiny things I can't afford that I would love to own. At that precise moment I just happen to be looking at dresses.

I don't need dresses, but there are so many wonderful sun-dresses out there right now and I can't help but look at them. My friend admitted that he had never really gone out of his way to waste time shopping for things he didn't need online. And that's when I realized it...I don't think any of the men I am friends with would spend time swooning over things they can't own.

It hit me right then and there...I was cursed.

I have what I'd like to call the Double X Curse. Maybe it's that extra X Chromosome that puts us women over the edge and makes us want to continually look at beautiful things like diamonds, dresses, shoes, purses, etc. that we cannot afford but merely covet for no reason.

Right now I am coveting this:

Fiestaware has long been something that makes me extremely happy. I forgot it existed up until a day or two ago when I was looking at Pfalzgraff dinnerware that I think is beautiful but Jason has already shot down because it is somewhat floral, and I remembered how plain yet gorgeous Fiastaware was! The colors are so beautiful and the idea that I get to mix and match items depending on my mood that day is really cool too.

So now my Double X Affliction has turned me to creating a ridiculous Wish List on Macy's. And there it will sit, mocking me until I can turn it into a registry. But I can't wait till I have a home of my own where I can open up my cabinets and see such happy dishes smiling back at me.

I know, I'm lame.

(Photo borrowed from: jcipa's Flickr)

0 comments:

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com