Thursday, March 3, 2011

Thoughts on Being Thorough

Basically until Jaclyn's Baby Shower on the 26th, I am out of town every single weekend in March. Tomorrow afternoon my mother and I leave for Julibean's in MD. Next weekend is my NH Bridal Shower and the weekend after that Jason and I are in Troy for Pre-Cana, a meeting with the florist, and a details meeting with our Event Coordinator at the Hilton.

Since my manager at work is pretty much the coolest guy ever, he doesn't mind if I work an extra half an hour one day to leave a half an hour early on a Friday to get a head start on traffic. He doesn't even mind if I stay an extra hour four days a week to leave at noon on a Friday afternoon. When I have to be somewhere I usually leave the office between noon and two o'clock and make up the hours throughout the week. I get to where I need to be around the time whoever I'm meeting is out of work or in time for dinner.

It's convenient.

I've also become a champ at packing. I think about where I'm going and what I'll be doing and what I'll want to wear. I put aside things up to three weeks in advance and right now I have two different weekend bags sitting in my room. The one for this weekend is already 80% packed and the one for next weekend is about 50% packed.

I realize that sounds a little crazy and it isn't really a habit I picked up from either of my parents. It's just something I do. Apparently my sister does it too. And Jaclyn is the queen of packing. Sometimes her brother asks her to pack his bag for him since she can make it fit in there like magic.

I appreciate the fact that if someone said,


Holy crap! I read this wrong and we have to be at the airport in 30 minutes! We need to leave now!

I might be nervous, but damnit I'd be packed and ready and get to where I needed to go in time. Unlike some other people I know who pack last minute and wind up forgetting pants. Yes this has happened. Yes I'm looking at you Jason and still laugh over the fact you borrowed a pair of my Dad's pants for Easter Dinner.

I don't think I ever realized it, but I can blow outta town like a BAMF. I can have a bag packed, in the car, and get on the road within twenty minutes if I needed to.

BUT, I don't want to have to do that. I don't like stressing out right before a car ride. I like to be relaxed when I get behind the wheel.

My mission tonight it to finish packing my bag, and then get my mother to pack hers so I can pack the car tomorrow morning before I leave for work. That way the only thing I have to do when I get home is corral her into the car and get on the road.

1 comments:

Julibean said...

Don't forget about the time we went to countryside and Joe forgot shirts. He was wearing Dad's smallwood tee shirt for a day or two before we went to the crossings to get him some. Def needed another shirt after I pushed him off that canoe.

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com