Friday, March 4, 2011

c25k Week 1, Day 2

Yesterday was a momentous occasion. Here's why:

Usually when I go for a run, I go with Casey. We don't necessarily run together since she has a much faster pace than I do and let's face it, is already a runner. But she holds me accountable and makes me get out the door and do it.

Because of a doctor's appointment she couldn't go running with me yesterday. The old Elise would have just given up, lost motivation, and sat around watching Glee with her Dad. Not the new Elise though. On my way home from work I strategized a path I could run from my house to a park and then back around again. I knew it was about a mile but I wasn't sure if running the streets instead of a park would change my pace at all.

I went out and actually got to the park a lot faster than I thought I would and immediately realized if I left the park immediately I would make it home halfway through my workout instead of at the end. I wound up running little random laps in and out of the park and after the 4th running interval (halfway through) I started my path home.

My workout was done roughly 3 houses down from where I live. So I'd say it was a successful distance/time I made up in my head.

I think next time, now that I know I'm walking/running about 1.5-2miles each time I'll head over to the other park that is further away from home. If worse comes to worse I'll have an extra long cool down and have to walk a few blocks outside the workout.

On the upside I didn't really feel nauseated at all this time around and my knee (which was bothering me a bit after my first run the other day) feels fine!

25:13 total time
The loop from my house to the park that I took was ~1.2 miles
The laps I did within and around the park were probably ~.5 mile
~1.7 miles total

0 comments:

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com