Sunday, March 6, 2011

c25k Week 1, Day 3

I didn't actually think she was serious, but Julianne told me she wanted to go for a run with me Saturday morning. I am not really a runner, although I'm trying to become one. Julianne is even further from being a runner than I am.

She was wonderful this week and got to the gym 5 days in a row. That's impressive, I can't even do that. When I woke her up this morning before seven she wanted to hurt me. We got dressed and went out into the misty morning.

For some reason we decided to take our walk/run on the trail in the woods behind their house. About two minutes into the warm up Julianne "remembered how hilly it was"...we're not joking people, it was hilly.

I tried not to think about it. We did pretty well running up and down the little crests and peaks. We hit the main road and Julianne was pretty much done running because her shoes weren't cooperating. She's in the market for a new pair that doesn't let her foot fall out the back.

So I basically continued walk/running and Julianne power walked while I back tracked to her.

Probably the hilight of our run was the following:

An old man called me frisky.

Then he proceeded to tell me to slow down.

All in all, the work out felt good. I have absolutely no idea how far we traveled, but it was a good time.

0 comments:

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com