Wednesday, February 2, 2011

WW: Pockets-a-folding

Basically today was really super nasty out. Long Island was one big skating rink. Lulu is still in the shop (we're waiting on her new rim) and my father basically told me, "I don't want you driving my car in that mess" so I called out of work.

I did a nice bit of organizing and cleaning and managed to get all of the pocket folds 90% done. Now they all have the invite backing glued into place. Next step is taping down the pocket and then the pocketfolds are DONE!

I got our custom return address stamp and our monogram stamp made up from rubberstamp.net so I also stamped all of the invitation envelopes with the return address. We're waiting on the RSVP envelopes for now because we're not sure if Jason and I will be living somewhere else before the invites go out, only time will tell. But for now we're using my parent's address as the return address for the invitations themselves, and the stamp will be theirs to keep once this is all over.

The monogram stamp is just slightly too big for the size circles I wanted to use on the bellybands. Instead I think I'll leave the embossing for the invite itself and just print out the monogram on plain paper for the belly bands. Which will make my life dramatically easier. Plus it'll give a little sparkle to the inside of the invitation and keep the outside a little less distracting.

On Saturday when I was up state with Laura we went to David's so she could try on the bridesmaid dress and we could finalize the colors. Originally it was going to be Marine, Horizon, Cornflower, Pool and Capri. When we got to the store we realized a few things. Firstly Marine looked waaaay too dark with the other colors, and secondly, David's just came out with a new color Malibu that worked into the palate nicely.

So now the bridesmaids will be in Horizon, Cornflower, Malibu, Pool and Capri. Here's a slightly hilarious representation of the girls via David's "dress your wedding" website:

I say slightly hilarious because they facial features and hairstyles are no where near at all what my ladies look like. They'll all be in silver shoes and I've bought pretty silver wraps for them and hopefully it'll look as pretty on the day of the wedding as it does in my mind and at the store when we lined up the colors.

Slowly but surely I'm chipping away at my massive to do list for the wedding. There is still a lot to be done, but I'm confident we'll get through it all soon. Tomorrow marks 150 days till our wedding.

Holy crap.

2 comments:

sheam2 said...

Love this picture, haha. 150 days!!! So exciting!!! <3

Unknown said...

Hi. I wanted to let you know that I've just posted that Coach Snaphead bracelet watch you like on Ebay =)

It's the only one so get it fast!!

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com