Monday, February 14, 2011

Manjoyment Monday: V-Day edition

Although I'm not militant about it. I am a Batman fan. No Superman here.

In high school I had a friend who equally enjoyed Batman. One day he showed me this Valentine and I thought it was the greatest thing I'd ever seen. I think about it every year, without fail.

It wasn't exactly the design of the Valentine or the cheesey saying, no, it was the fact that he'd found it on Cap'n's Unfortunate Valentine's Cards and it had the following most amazing caption:


Hello, I'm Batman.

When I was just as child, my parents were murdered right in front of my eyes. I made a solemn vow that day to commit my life to fighting crime. I've sacrificed my childhood and any efforts toward personal enjoyment. My nights are spent in deadly combat with everything from common street thugs to grotesque psychopaths. What little sleep I ever get is usually interrupted by horrible nightmares and my waking up soaked in sweat. I fight a war that can never ben won. I strive toward a goal that can never be reached. I am haunted. I am relentless. I am tortured.

Won't you be my valentine?

0 comments:

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com