Wednesday, December 1, 2010

WW: My dream dress

I was watching The Rocketeer the other day. I like to toss a DVD into my player and watch a little before bed and turn it on while I'm getting dressed in the morning, just to give myself a soundtrack to listen to.

Last week I had just finished getting ready for work and the movie had just ended and the orchestral piece during the credits was a little louder than the movie itself. My father was coming down the hallway and wondered what it was, then correctly guessed The Rocketeer.

Then he said, "You just like that dress."

Which is true, but the movie in general is one of my favorites of all time. It's cheeky, a throwback, exciting, and wonderful all around. Plus Jennifer Connolley is pretty much one of the hottest women alive in my book. Or at least she was in that movie...

Anyway. Basically if I could have my dream dress, it would be the dress Jenny Blake wears in this movie.



Sweetheart neckline makes the girls look really nice. Thick ruched straps allow for a supportive undergarment (which was Jason's number one when I went dress shopping since my boobs have broken two bridesmaids dresses already). And the way it moves is just beautiful.

Now actually finding this dress is very difficult. I'd literally have to go to a costume designer and get it handmade. But let me just say this: if after January 22nd I haven't decided on a dress, I may just go out and find someone to make me this one here.


All images borrowed from For the Love of Opera Gloves

4 comments:

Hannah said...

Hey Elise,

I cqame across this website the other day: http://www.dollycouture.com/ and thought of you. The prices aren't too outrageous, and it looks like she does some custom sizing too. Good luck with finding a dress!

-Hannah

Julibean said...

I could have sworn you wrote this exact same post once before. But upon looking back through your blogs, I couldn't find it. I guess I'm just having textual deja vu?

Elise said...

Thanks Hannah, I've heard of them too!

And Julibean, you might have seen it pop up in your reader because blogger thought when I meant I wanted it posted on one day it posted it on another and I went in to fix it...

Hannah said...

I was wondering why the deja vu...I knew I had seen this post somewhere too. I forgot I sent you that link before and just tweeted it to you. Duh.

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com