Thursday, July 9, 2009

Clash of the Titans

Since Jason got the job down in Newport News I've been waiting and waiting for more details. Where will he live? What exactly will he be doing? What is his friend Brian up to down there? When can I visit? Typically though, Jason is a man of few words, and a man of fewer plans. Unlike me and my sister, Jason doesn't get a thrill out of writing down a list, or planning an event.

So when he called me the other day and asked me what I was doing this weekend because he wanted to stop by on his way down to Virginia I was definitely excited that A) he realized I am in fact on the way and he should take the time to stop in, B) he started making an actual travel plan, C) I get to see him! and D) holy crap on a cracker, his parents are going to be with him.

We've been together for almost three and a half years now. I've met a great deal of his family (all of whom I adore) and he's met a great deal of my family (and can't get enough of my crazy grandma), but our parents have never met.

It's not that I'm worried they won't get along. In fact I think that my parents will really like his parents. Jason's mom is super friendly and talkative and his dad has a silly sense of humor that my mom can appreciate. It's just that it's kind of odd. It's like a cataclysmic clash of the titans, two worlds colliding into one, and I just get to sit back and watch it happen.

I've never had a moment like this before.

I just hope there isn't any awkward conversations like, "So how many grandchildren are you looking forward to?" or anything about us getting married. That could be a really uncomfortable topic...

0 comments:

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com