Thursday, April 30, 2009

Review: No Place for a Lady

It all started with an Easter basket to rival all Easter baskets. It was innocent enough. I like having a book with me whenever I visit Jason's house because I typically wake up before everyone and enjoy sitting in the living room in front of the windows looking at the marvelous view of the forest and the mountains.

However, the night before I had finished Seventh Son and there it was. No Place for a Lady, just sitting there in my Easter basket...taunting me.

As I mentioned, I've never read a trashy romance novel before, so I was hesitant. Within the first five pages I was hooked. Women driving stagecoaches, men running willy nilly around after them, estranged wives coming back from the dead, attempted maulings in a public park...how did I not know these novels were so fantastically awful?!

Within two days I had read the entire novel. For me, that is a very short period of time as I read slowly, but I just couldn't look away!

So if you will allow me to rate this book...
Raunch Factor: *****
after all...she was a lady!
Writing Style: *****
best written romance novel I've ever read...although it is also the first
Ridiculousness: *****
two words...nipple ring...you're hooked too now, right?!
Actual Plot: *****
although predictable, there was a decent story

I am seriously considering purchasing a few more Harlequin Historicals. That and I'm apparently in some sort of trashy romance novel trade-off program with my friend Ashley, we're mailing each other books back and forth. I've already read another one...look for a review of Rhiannon soon!

0 comments:

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com