Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Choo Choo Chooseday


Gentlemen, this is the Coast Starlight, one of the great American trains operating on one of the classic American routes. On this side, you’ll see panoramic ocean vistas inaccessible to any other form of transportation, while on your side, you’ll be treated to 350 miles of CostCos, Jiffy Lubes, and cinderblock homes with above-ground pools.

Over the past few years the Northeast Regional and I have become okay friends. Despite the fact that I think Amtrak is a huge rip off half the time I'd rather spend 5 hours on a train and that's it, than 7+ possible hours in the car stuck in traffic. For about the cost of two tanks of gas I am forgoing the traffic and sitting here in the very last seat in the very last car spending my time dicking around the internet, listening to music, applying to jobs, and writing parts of the books I'm working on.

Baltimore or bust!

0 comments:

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com