Tuesday, March 31, 2009

"Whatever God wants, He keeps!"

There are those moments throughout my day when I feel like I'm living in a movie. Something will cross my mind quickly and it will in some way, shape, or form remind me of an obscure scene in an obscure movie and I wonder, how much of my brain capacity is being monopolized by this useless information.

I know that there are people out there who suffer from what we like to call, movie turrets. My cousin Dave is conflicted with this rare disease in which every other sentence out of his mouth is a direct quote from a movie. What amazes me about his condition is that he could see the movie once and know every line by heart. I on the other had, take bits away from movies on visual cues, and herein lies the odd little world I often find myself entering without warning.

For example I was on my way to work the other morning and stopped at a red light. I stretched my hand forward and adjusted my rear view mirror and all I could think about was Johnny5's three fingered "hand" adjusting his mirror. Honestly. I imagined my hand was his strange appendage and had to do a double tack to make sure I still had all my correct digits.

Do you ever have deja vu...but movie vu? You find yourself thinking, I've done this before, but then you realize...no, that was Christine Baranski running in her high heels down the alley while pulling off her sunglasses, not me.

1 comments:

Kevin and Ashley said...

OMG! i thought it was just me! good to know i'm not alone... LOL!

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com